Your Support Makes us Great!
Six easy ways to help a local child:
- Donate Diapers - We are always in need of diapers. We use them in our classroom. Also when a teacher visits a family in their home they will bring diapers as a gift. Imagine as a parents having only one diaper a day and a two year old who isn't ready for potty training!
- Prepare a Meal - We hold multiple parenting classes during the evenings and always provide a meal to parents and children. We have a variety of parent groups that meet regularly such as our dads group, Latino mommies, Mommies in recovery, and Nurturing Parent class. We are always looking for church groups, book clubs, or service clubs who would like to prepare a meal for us.
- Gardening - The grounds around our Springhill location are covered by an edible garden landscape. We love volunteers who can weed, plant, move compost, and water.
- Donations of Food – We serve as a food bank location for our families and send “snack packs” home with our little students on a regular basis. We are always in need of nonperishable food.
- Basic Supplies – Our families often go without basic necessities such as cleaning supplies and hygiene products. Donations of toothbrushes, deodorant, shampoo, home cleanser, laundry soap, dish soap, and sponges are really very meaningful.
- Clothing Closet Donations -The clothing closet is maintained with clothing for toddlers and preschoolers whose families are working with Family Tree. Families may come and select needed clothes free of charge. We need donations of new and gently used clothes.
Helping Family Tree is a great way for local businesses to give back. Consider helping us on a Day of Caring.
Past businesses that have helped us are National Frozen Foods, PayneWest Insurance, OFD Foods, and Target. We also love Girl Scouts, bible study groups, service organizations, book clubs, and quilters!